Our barista fundamentals class will combine theory and practice, as your barista trainer guides you through the fundamentals of making superb espresso and espresso-based beverages in an action-packed two-hour session. The fundamentals course is perfect for the at-home barista novice looking to impress their loved ones, or established baristas looking to sharpen their skills in a commercial environment.
The course content will include:
- Operating and adjusting grinders
- Espresso extraction and extraction variables – dose, time, grind size
- Understanding espresso recipes
- Barista skills – tamping, distributing, workflow
- Milk texturing
- Milk pouring
- Basic latte art (dependent on skill level and available time)
- Espresso machine set up and cleaning
Please note that course content is flexible and can be tailored depending on your skill level and experience.
Classes run on Wednesday and Friday from 1:30-3:30pm. These times may be negotiable depending on trainer availability.
Email email@example.com for booking enquiries and/or further details. Alternatively, pop into our roastery and speak to a member of our friendly team.